1. How have these topics evolved since last year? Have you noticed any major changes in strategies or approaches IT leaders undertake?
A: We are seeing increasing demand for change leadership guidance not just for IT but at an enterprise levels. Leaders are becoming more aware of the need to have an enterprise approach to culture change, not just within IT if they want to succeed in a digital business environment. Culture continues to be a label that is often applied to process and procedural challenges. As leaders start to differentiate cultural characteristics from operating model constructs, they will start to make progress on both.
2. How important do you think the topic “Workplace People, Culture, and Diversity” is when it comes to digital business transformation?
A: Digital business transformation is highly dependent on having an inspired and engaged workforce that is ready to take on new ideas, learn new ways of working and build new relationships. Developing an appropriate workplace culture that demonstrates diversity and inclusion provides an environment for change to happen.
3. What’s one of the biggest mistake organizations make when it comes to changing organizational culture?
A: There is a false belief that culture can be changed by making a decision to do so, or that it's possible to adopt a culture from another organization and have it work the same way. Culture is not something that can be directed or mandated. It emerges as a result of a number of other factors that will be unique to each organization. Learning how to shape culture is more important than trying to change culture.
4. Finish this sentence: “If organizations don’t establish the right culture for digital business, they will…."
A:...they will find it increasingly difficult to recruit and retain the knowledge and resources that they need to succeed in a highly competitive business environment.
5. How attending Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2019 will help IT leaders with their priorities and key initiatives?
A: A Symposium experience offers leaders an opportunity to not only find out the latest in technology & information that they need to support their enterprise, but it also gives them the leadership and business strategy acumen that their enterprise needs from them to succeed.