1. How has this topic evolved since last year? Have you noticed any major changes in the market, strategy or technology?
A: In a recent Gartner CX leader’s survey, three-quarters of surveyed respondents say that their organization has increased technology investment for CX in 2018. Customer analytics continues to be one of the biggest technology investments for CX, with a focus on areas such as AI, customer journey analysis, customer needs analysis, VoC and digital marketing.
2. What’s one of the biggest mistakes organizations make when it comes to this topic?
A: The top mistakes organizations make with their CX initiatives include the absence of a clearly defined CX vision, an inability to measure the voice of the customer, an ineffective governance structure, poor project prioritization and an inability to measure the business benefits.
3. How are IT leaders leveraging this topic to transform their organizations?
A: IT Leaders are working actively with CX leaders to help provide a CX project portfolio, build a metrics dashboard with an equal balance of leading indicators of CX success and lagging indicators of financial success. They are helping to introduce innovative tools that will support newly designed customer journeys that will ultimately transform the customer experience.
4. Finish this sentence: “If organizations don’t get their digital business transformation right, they will….”
A: ….can face a CX crisis that can result in the removal of funding for a CX initiative or its cancellation. This may in turn lead to a decline in the quality of customer experience provided, weakened financial performance of the organization, and an erosion of competitive position.
5. How attending Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2020 will help IT leaders with their priorities and key initiatives?
A: The foundations of successful CX initiatives require coordination, direction and accountability. To be the best, however, requires a more radical, transformative strategy supported by new technologies, emerging design practices, and advances in organization structure and culture. All of these topics are discussed at the Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2019.