By 2021, more than 80% of organizations will use access management software or services, up from 55% today.
Access management products and services have matured in single sign-on protocols and user authentication, and technical differentiators include adaptive access capabilities, as well as ease and breadth of target system enablement. Among new purchases, demand for IAM as a service continues to grow.
Attempts to support a mix of application architectures and use-case needs can lead to overly complex AM and SSO projects and selection of the wrong products. IAM leaders must focus access management and SSO requirements to support tool selection.
Recommended sessions on the agenda include:
- Identity Analytics, Machine Learning and AI Are Changing the Game
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Office 365 IAM (TechDemo)
- Workshop: Selecting the Right Employee SSO Solution for Your Evolving Organization
- Workshop: Planning Your IAM Reimplementation
- Best Practices for Microservices IAM
- Evaluation Criteria for Access Management Solutions
- Best Practices for Mobile Identity
Key SSO topics on the agenda include:
- Protecting against one identity compromising too many systems
- Supporting the passwordless journey for internal and external users
- Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO) tools
- SSO standards support
- Selecting the right solutions via directory services including AD, LDAP, and more