Ant Allan is Research Vice President at Gartner Research. He is a core member of the Identity and Access Management research community and Agenda Manager for the IT Leaders’ IAM Key Initiatives. He specializes in user authentication and other identity corroboration technologies, and supports processes, policies and best practices.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Allan worked for two years as a product manager for security software products with a U.K. distributor. He worked for seven years in information security management for GA Life, focusing on information security policy and technologies for financial systems, including application development and information technology training.
Top key initiatives I cover
- Delivering Effective Identity and Access Management Capabilities
- Identity and Access Management Program
Top issues I help clients address
- User authentication strategy and planning
- User authentication technology selection and implementation
- User authentication policies, standards and guidelines, especially password policy, standards and guidelines
- The intersection of user authentication with other identity corroboration technologies (identity proofing, fraud detection/prevention)
- The intersection of user authentication with access management and privileged access management