Mark Diodati is a Research Vice President in the Gartner for Technical Professionals research team. He provides guidance on a diversity of topics including IoT, IaaS, API protocols (such as OpenID Connect, OAuth and SCIM), identity in the cloud, multifactor authentication, federation, Azure AD and Office 365, and hybrid identity. He has contributed to many media organizations, including The Wall Street Journal, ABC News, NBC News, Forbes Magazine, CIO Magazine and The Boston Globe.
Top Issues I Help Clients Address
- Best practices for implementing IaaS (i.e., Amazon Web Services and Azure) access control, authentication and user management.
- Selecting and implementing multifactor authentication solutions, SaaS federation and SSO.
- Implementing access control, authentication and management for devices and users in an IoT environment.
- Scalable Azure AD/Office 365 identity management, including on-premises considerations.
- API-based access control, authentication and user management (e.g., OAuth, OpenID Connect and SCIM).
Top Key Initiatives I Cover
- Delivering Effective Identity and Access Management Capabilities
- Cloud Computing
- Office 365, Google Apps for Work and Other Cloud Office (retired)
- Modernizing Application Architecture and Infrastructure