Daniel B. Stang is a Vice President in Gartner Research & Advisory covering project and portfolio management applications. His expertise includes PPM process definition, adoption and automation.
Mr. Stang tracks more than 60 PPM software vendors and their products annually as part of a continuous research process. He is the lead analyst for Gartner’s PPM software market research and analysis; the founder of Gartner’s “PPM Market Universe” of PPM market analysis and research reports; and lead author on multiple Magic Quadrants and Market Guides, including the Magic Quadrants for Project and Portfolio Management Software and Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis (IIPA), as well as the Market Guide for Strategy Execution Management (SEM) Software.
Top Key Initiatives I Cover
- Evolving Portfolio and Resource Management
- Program and Portfolio Management Leaders
- PMO Transformation
Top Issues I Help Clients Address
- How do we build and pursue an effective PPM strategy?\
- What are the prevailing and most effective PPM best practices?
- How can we change-manage PPM into our project organization?
- What are the appropriate PPM systems to deploy in a project environment?
- How can we use portfolio management to respond to business opportunities?