IT leaders — ensure your digital strategies stay on track while delivering value to constituents. Get the latest business megatrends driving public policies and practices in 2020.
View the must-read Gartner research note for public-sector leaders.
- Government CIOs have a pivotal role in shaping how public services can be transformed by deploying technologies such as artificial intelligence or blockchain in a secure, transparent and ethical manner.
- The top business trends driving the digital transformation of government are: social instability, perpetual austerity, aging population, rising populism and sustainable systems
- Significant changes to public-sector business processes and services are expected well beyond 2020.
Gartner recommends CIOs and IT executives should do the following:
- Establish your reputation as a business-oriented CIO by anticipating the long-term impacts of business trends on government and implementing an IT strategic plan that addresses those impacts.
- Review the effectiveness of your IT strategic plan with key stakeholders and sponsors at least every six months to ensure it accurately reflects changing business drivers and emerging business needs.
- Use your organization’s business strategy as the basis for optimizing government business and enterprise operating models.