A digital society is fast emerging as digital technology starts to fulfill its promise of enabling everyone to help solve society’s problems by using advances in healthcare, mobility, agriculture, finance and so on. But there’s a flip side. Putting inexpensive but powerful technology in the hands of the many could have unintended, harmful consequences — in short, digital disruption could create a more vulnerable society.
This collection of Maverick* research explores the subject of society’s vulnerability to digital developments from multiple perspectives. The authors present openly dissenting views that we hope you will find stimulating.
In this special edition, we examine the following:
- How the digital disruption that is occurring in most industries creates societal vulnerability.
- All stakeholders in society have responsibilities.
- Enterprises need to bring to market products that are safe to use.
- Governments need to think about technology regulation.
- And people, as citizens and consumers, need to educate themselves about the use of technology.
Complete the form to get your free copy.