Gartner Research

Fujitsu's Applications Add GLOVIA As the ERP Centerpiece

Published: 22 February 2000

ID: G00191541

Analyst(s): AMR Research Staff


Fujitsu Limited, which owns 30.5% of GLOVIA International LLC, plans to buy the remaining 69.5% of the ERP company from MDIS. Fujitsu plans to complete the acquisition by April and make GLOVIA the centerpiece of its application group. The Fujitsu/GLOVIA relationship has worked well in Japan, a difficult market for ERP vendors to penetrate. Success has come by establishing a sales and support organization and developing product enhancements that support Japanese manufacturing styles, most notably Seiban and supplier management enhancements. Fujitsu runs the GLOVIA application suite in 23 of its production facilities. On the management front, Matt O'Malley has been named to fill the vacant GLOVIA CEO position. O'Malley was most recently the CEO of PROIV Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MDIS and the provider of an application development tool used in the application.

©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates. This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission. It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact. While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information. Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such. Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy. Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity. Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party. For further information, see Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.

Already have a Gartner Account?

Become a client

Learn how to access this content as a Gartner client.