Gartner Research

BMC Software Releases Tool To Ease Database Administration: Web DBA

Published: 03 May 2000

ID: G00190349

Analyst(s): Peter Urban


On Monday BMC Software announced Web DBA, a browser-based tool, which simplifies complex database administration tasks. With Web DBA, users can perform administrative tasks like create, alter and delete tables and indexes through an intuitive interface. The product will initially work with Oracle databases and will expand to work with all major relational databases. This is significant because it offers companies with multiple different databases a common administrative interface. Web DBA handles 80% of daily administrative tasks, and BMC has sister products for the remaining 20%. Web DBA costs $995 per user.

©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates. This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission. It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact. While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information. Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such. Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy. Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity. Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party. For further information, see Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.

Already have a Gartner Account?

Become a client

Learn how to access this content as a Gartner client.