Hype Cycle for Financial Services Payment Systems, 2010
Published: 28 July 2010
Access to and control of their liquidity remain primary objectives of banks' customers. This is accompanied by a demand for a personalization of payment products and services. As a result, 2010 will be the year banks prepare their payment operations for sustainable personalization.
Table Of Contents
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- Methodology Reminder
- Building an Integrated Payment Ecosystem
- Providing More Choice With Stronger Account Services
- Liquidity Management Demands More Visibility on Payment Value Chain
- Process Innovation and Personalization
- Modernizing Bank's Payment Systems
- The Priority Matrix
- Off The Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- APaaS for Payments
- Payments Decomposition
- SEPA Direct-Debit Mandate Management Solutions
- Open Development Platform for Payments
- Retail Payment Portfolio Management Solutions
- Component-Based Card Management Software
- Alternative Card Networks
- At the Peak
- Enterprise Mobile Financial Services Solutions
- IBAN/BIC Conversion Applications and Services
- Transaction Banking 2.0
- Payment Services Hub
- Social Network Payment System
- Decoupled Payment System
- Self-Service Applications for Commercial Customers
- Integrated Contactless Mobile Payment System, Rest of World
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Near-Real-Time Payment Systems in the Single Euro Payments Area
- Bank Delivery of Electronic Invoicing Presentment and Payment (EIPP) Solutions
- Retail PIVAS Applications for Promotional Activity
- Rule-Based Commercial Payment Initiation
- Liquidity/Cash-Flow Forecasting Services
- Automated Payment Tracking and Reconciliation Services
- Multipayment Application Instrument
- Biometric Payment System
- Integrated Contactless Mobile Payment System — Japan
- Contactless Retail Payment System
- Over-the-Air Mobile Phone Payment Systems, Developed Markets
- Climbing the Slope
- OTA Mobile Phone Payment Systems for Emerging and Unbanked Payment Markets
- Internet Micropayment Systems
- Entering the Plateau
- Contactless Transit Retail Payment System, Asia/Pacific
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.