Published: 15 April 2011
Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy allows different rates of change, depending on the type of application, providing slow change and high control for some, while a more agile and experimental approach for others. To get the whole benefit, you need to differentiate governance and change processes by layer.
Included in Full Research
- Pace of Change, Change Control and Clarity of Requirements Drive Governance Needs
- Existing Governance Usually Fits the Needs for Systems of Record
- Managing Segmented Governance Processes for the Different Layers Requires a High Level of Application Organization Maturity
- Layers Change at Different Rates, So Governance Processes Must Manage the Dependencies Between Layers
- Use APM Processes to Govern Movement Between Layers