Market Trends: Next-Generation Enterprise Network Firewalls, Worldwide, 2012
Published: 14 September 2012
This research provides product managers and product marketing professionals critical insight into the latest market trends in the next-generation enterprise network firewall market.
Table Of Contents
- Market: In the Midst of Transforming Delivery Options, Enhancing Content Inspection, and Increasing Protection and Performance Capabilities
- Market Structure
- Managed Security Service Providers Drive Some Demand for Multifunction Firewalls
- Network Device as a Service and Cloud-Based Management Continue to Transform Network Security Market Structure and Delivery Models of the Future
- Buyers Trend
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Requirements Lead to Further Deployment in Many Organizations
- Application Control and the "Dropbox Effect" Drive Customers' Need for the Latest Firewall Technology
- Low False-Positive Detections and Depth of Signature Coverage Remain Important Factors for Buyers
- Customer Fears of Performance Still Inhibiting Anti-malware Inspection
- Regional Market Trends
- PCI Compliance Concerns in Europe and Asia/Pacific Increasing Demand
- Regional Firewall Technology Providers May Create Difficulties for North America-Based Providers
- Technology Trends
- Virtualization and Software-Defined Networking Are Transforming Network Security
- Application Control Features Deliver Visibility Into the Shadow IT
- Identity Awareness Enhances Application Control, Acceptable Use Enforcement and Advanced Threat Detection
- Firewall Providers Focus on Increasing Customer Efficiencies With Enhancements to Change Control and Compliance Reporting
- Inspected Throughput a Critical Consideration for Customers Who Wish to Consolidate Network Security Capabilities
- Providers Continue to Enhance Anti-malware and Anti-botnet Capabilities Through Reputation Feeds
- IT Transitions Completely Away From Data Centers and On-Premises Protections
Vendors to Watch
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Dell SonicWALL
- Juniper Networks
- Palo Alto Networks
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.