Published: 31 October 2012
The clarity of enterprise strategy and the incorporation of strategy into investment decisions involving IT are leading indicators for perception of IT value.
Included in Full Research
- What Is Outside-In Benchmarking, and Why Does It Matter?
- Outside-In Benchmarking Addresses the Disconnection Between IT Performance and Enterprise Performance
- Outside-In Benchmarking Focuses on Mechanisms for Making and Executing Strategy
- The CIO Agenda Survey Shows That Enterprise Effectiveness Strongly Influences IT Effectiveness
- The Survey Questions: What Influences IT Effectiveness the Most?
- Findings: Absence of Strategy Reduces Perceived IT Value
- For IT Organizations Rated "Most Effective," Execution Correlates Most Highly to Effectiveness
- Summary: Strategy and Investment Processes Are the First Priority
- What to Do
- Build a Better Strategy
- Action Items for IT Leaders
- Action Items for Executive Teams
- Appendix: Full Survey Questionnaire