Hype Cycle for Business Process Management, 2013
Published: 31 July 2013
This year's Hype Cycle illuminates the current transitional status of BPM technologies, methodologies and concepts, and also signals a new wave of innovation to come.
Table Of Contents
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- Innovation Is Rising in BPM Technology and Services
- The Nexus of Forces Is Driving BPM Beyond Cost Efficiency
- The BPM Discipline Is Transforming
- BPM's Focus Is Shifting to Business Outcomes and Agility
- Process and Information Drive Decisions and Digitization
- Many New Hype Cycle Entries Have Been Added for 2013
- Process Styles Added to the Hype Cycle for 2013
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Operational Intelligence Platforms
- Process-Centric Model-Driven Applications
- Open-Source BPM Technology
- Cloud Business Rule Management (BRM) Services
- Process Style: Event-Driven BPM
- Social BPM
- Unstructured Process
- BPM Certification
- Enterprise-Class Agile Development
- At the Peak
- BPA for the Masses
- BPM Methodology Toolbox
- Decision Management
- Digitized Processes
- Mobile BPM
- Process Style: Case Management/Adaptive
- Business Capability Modeling
- Business Process Governance
- Intelligent Business Operations
- Enterprise Business Architecture
- Intelligent Business Process Management Suite
- Automated Business Process Discovery
- BPM for Customer Service and Support
- Business Process Optimization and Simulation
- Case Management Frameworks
- Multienterprise Business Process Platform
- Business Process Management in C&SI
- Sliding Into the Trough
- BPM-Enabled BPO
- Organizational Change For BPM
- Process Metrics and Measurement
- Business Rule Management Systems
- BPM Discipline
- Chief Process Officer
- Climbing the Slope
- BPM Standards
- Process Style: Content Collaboration
- Process Style: Guided Navigation
- Business Process Competency Center
- Entering the Plateau
- Business Process Management Suites
- Process Style: Forms-Driven Workflow
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.