Hype Cycle for Analytic Applications, 2013
Published: 31 July 2013
Analytical capability is increasingly packaged as a solution to address specific business issues, rather than created with generic business intelligence tools. This Hype Cycle shows the maturity, adoption rates and benefits of various analytic applications.
Table Of Contents
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off The Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- IT Operations Analytics
- Talent Science
- Uplift Modeling
- Warehouse Resource Planning and Scheduling
- Multichannel Attribution
- Cross-Channel Analytics
- Marketing Mix Optimization
- Data Management Platforms (Advertising)
- Multichannel Location Analysis
- At the Peak
- Contact Center Interaction Analytics
- Enterprise Fraud and Misuse Management
- Claims Analytics
- Price Optimization and Management
- Real-Time Store Monitoring Platform
- Real-Time Customer Offer Engines
- Workforce Planning and Analysis
- Operations Intelligence
- Security Intelligence
- Supply Base Management
- IT Service Root Cause Analysis Tools
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Enterprisewide Carbon and Energy Management Software
- Entity Resolution and Analysis
- Sales Analytics
- Real-Time Customer Offer Engines for CSPs
- Multiechelon Inventory Optimization
- Identity Analytics and Intelligence
- Media Discovery and Recommendation Engines
- Trade Promotion Optimization
- Asset Investment Planning Tools
- Advanced Clinical Research Information Systems
- Real-Time Decisioning for Customer Best Next Action
- Customer-Centric Merchandising
- Care Management Analytics for U.S. Healthcare Payers
- Real-Time SPC Applications
- Web Experience Analytics
- Climbing the Slope
- Energy Management in Manufacturing
- Field Service Workforce Optimization
- R&D Analytics
- Sourcing Optimization
- Merchandise and Category Optimization
- Load Forecasting
- Unified Price, Promotion and Markdown Optimization
- Customer (Practitioner) Analytics
- Factory Scheduling
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Contact Center Workforce Management
- Transmission and Distribution Network Engineering Analysis Tools
- Entering the Plateau
- Web Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Spend Analysis
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.