Gartner Research

Market Trends: New Technologies Benefit Employees and People With Disabilities

Published: 20 September 2013

ID: G00255718

Analyst(s): Andrew Johnson


People with disabilities make up 15% of the world's population. Assistive technology marketed to people with disabilities can also be sold to the other 85% of the population that is "situationally disabled" during some part of their day.

Table Of Contents


Market Trend

  • More TSPs Focus on the PWD Segment
    • Go-to-Market Approaches in PWD Market
  • Assistive Technology Targets the Masses
    • Aging and Disabilities
  • Enterprises Are Hiring More PWD
    • Access to a Larger Talent Pool
    • Enterprises Move Past Common Misconceptions of PWD
    • Government Influence
    • Government Incentives

Vendors to Watch

Gartner Recommended Reading

©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates. This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission. It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact. While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information. Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such. Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy. Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity. Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party. For further information, see Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.

Already have a Gartner Account?

Purchase this Document

To purchase this document, you will need to register or sign in above

Become a client

Learn how to access this content as a Gartner client.