SaaS-based ITSD and IT service support management tools are becoming increasingly popular. Infrastructure and operations leaders evaluate the pros and cons of SaaS and on-premises solutions to avoid customization and integration challenges and negotiate one year proof of concept deals with vendors.
- Which ITSD vendor provides your organization's service desk tool solution?
- How is your organization's service desk solution deployed?
- By implementing a SaaS solution, was your organization able to reduce staff supporting the ITSD system?
- Did your organization encounter any unforeseen technical challenges while implementing the SaaS solution?
- Relative to your organization's on-premises install, how long did the initial roll-out of the SaaS tools take?
- How likely is your organization to renew its service desk contract with the IT service desk vendor provider at the end of the contract term?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.