IT Key Metrics Data 2014: Key Infrastructure Measures: Linux Server Analysis: Current Year
Published: 16 December 2013
This research contains high-level Linux server cost efficiency and staff productivity ratios. Information provided was collected throughout 2013 from a global audience. Key cost and support distributions as well as metrics based on OS instance environment scale are also included.
Table Of Contents
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Infrastructure Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Linux Server Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTEs
- Linux Server Analysis Data Demographics
- Linux Server Analysis Data Distribution by Environment Scale
- Linux OS Instances per Server
- Linux Server Cost as a Percent of Total IT Cost
- Annual Linux Cost per OS Instance
- Linux Server Cost Distribution
- Linux Server FTEs as a Percent of Total IT FTEs
- Salaries and Benefits Cost per Linux FTE
- Linux Server Support Distribution: Insourced Versus Contractor
- Linux OS Instances per FTE
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.