IT Key Metrics Data 2014: Key Applications Measures: Cost and Staff Profile: Multiyear
Published: 16 December 2013
This research contains multiyear applications metrics. These key metrics provide a high-level view of applications spending and staffing measures. Information provided was collected between 2009— 2013 from a global audience. This report also includes key spending and support distributions.
Table Of Contents
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Applications Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Applications Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTEs
- Applications Spending as a Percent of Total IT Spending
- Applications Spending Distribution: Development versus Support
- Applications Staffing as Percent of Total IT Staff
- Personnel Costs per Applications FTE
- Distribution of Applications Activity (Work Profile)
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.