IT Key Metrics Data 2014: Key Industry Measures: Energy Analysis: Multiyear
Published: 16 December 2013
This research contains enterprise-level IT spending, staffing and cost metrics, as well as business productivity ratios for the Energy vertical industry. Information provided was collected between 2009 — 2013 from a global audience of CIOs and IT leaders.
Table Of Contents
- How Does Your IT Organization Stack Up Against the Competition?
- Gartner’s ITBudget Tool: Compare Your IT Metrics to Your Industry
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Industry Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Data Variations
- Energy Industry Definition
- 2013 IT Investment Measures
- Total IT Spending/Budget Definition
- Points of Clarification
- IT Intensity
- IT Spending Percent Change
- IT Spending as a Percent of Revenue
- Agility: Revenue Percent Change Versus IT Spending Percent Change
- IT Spending as a Percent of Operating Expense
- Agility: Operating Expense Percent Change Versus IT Spending Percent Change
- IT Spending per Employee
- IT Full-Time Equivalents as a Percent of Employees
- Business Productivity Ratios
- IT Resource Distributions
- IT Operational Versus Capital Spending
- Strategic IT Spending Categories: IT Spending to Run the Business, IT Spending to Grow the Business and IT Spending to Transform the Business
- IT Spending Distribution: Hardware, Software, Personnel and Outsourcing, 2013
- Distribution of IT FTEs: Insourced Versus Contractor, 2013
- Distribution of IT Resources by IT Functional Area
- Related IT Key Metrics Data Research
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.