Forecast to grow 8.2% in constant currency through 2018, spending on enterprise application software will be focused on modernizing applications, enhancing the customer experience and leveraging the power of the cloud.
- Enterprise Application Software Marketplace
- Forecast Highlights and Changes
- Market Segment Highlights
- Demand Factors
- IT Budgets — Modest IT Budget Growth
- Social Trends — Mobility Creating New Market Demand
- Macroeconomic Factors
- Economy — Macroeconomic Factors and GDP Growth Rates
- Regulation and Legislation — GRC Requirements
- Supply Factors
- Technology Road Map, Software Delivery and Business Models
- Influence of New Buying Centers
- Forecast Methodology
- Software Market Model
- Forecast Components
- Influencing Factors
- Connections Influencing Software Supply
- Connections Influencing Software Demand
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.