Progressive companies distinguish themselves from embryonic and intermediate ones in digital marketing by how they are organized, the type and allocation of their budgets and their perceived maturity. Compare the key organizational data presented here against your own model.
- Finding 1. Progressive Companies Have Fully Integrated Digital Marketing Techniques Into the Broader Marketing Organization
- Finding 2. Progressive Companies Centralize Digital Marketing Under a Single Manager
- Finding 3. Little Consistency Exists in Where Digital Marketing Reports
- Finding 4. Progressive Companies Retain the Equivalent of a Chief Marketing Technologist
- Finding 5. Progressive Companies Have the Equivalent of a Chief Customer Officer
- Finding 6. Progressives Have Their Own P&L for Digital Channels
- Digital Marketing Spending Survey
- Segmentation Analysis
- Survey Definitions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.