The Infrastructure and Operations Leader's First 100 Days
Published: 01 July 2014
Jay E. Pultz,
How you perform in your first 100 days as an infrastructure and operations leader is critical to your success or failure. I&O leaders should use Gartner's target outcomes, advice and supporting resources to succeed in the early days of their new role.
Table Of Contents
The First 100 Days
- Prepare Phase (Days -10 to 15)
- Target Outcomes for the Prepare Phase
- Actions for the Prepare Phase
- Communicating in the Prepare Phase
- Resources for the Prepare Phase
- Assess Phase (Days 0 to 30)
- Target Outcomes for the Assess Phase
- Actions for the Assess Phase
- Communicating in the Assess Phase
- Resources for the Assess Phase
- Plan Phase (Days 15 to 45)
- Target Outcomes for the Plan Phase
- Actions for the Plan Phase
- Communicating in the Plan Phase
- Resources for the Plan Phase
- Act Phase (Days 30 to 80)
- Target Outcomes for the Act Phase
- Actions for the Act Phase
- Communicating in the Act Phase
- Resources for the Act Phase
- Measure Phase (Days 45 to 100)
- Target Outcomes for the Measure Phase
- Actions for the Measure Phase
- Communicating in the Measure Phase
- Resources for the Measure Phase
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.