Information governance is a critical discipline for legal and regulatory professionals. Legal, compliance, risk and IT organizations must work closely together to improve it. Many different information technologies can complement strategies to improve information governance.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Social Media Risk Management
- File Analysis
- Transaction Controls Monitoring
- At the Peak
- Predictive Analytics
- Enterprise Fraud and Misuse Management
- Information Stewardship Applications
- Predictive Coding
- Third-Party Risk Management
- Privacy Management Tools
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Social Media Compliance
- E-Discovery Software
- Enterprise Digital Rights Management
- Board of Directors Communications Systems
- Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention
- Climbing the Slope
- Enterprise Legal Management
- Enterprise Contract Life Cycle Management
- Corporate Compliance and Oversight
- Enterprise Information Archiving
- Foreign/Global Trade Compliance
- Fraud Detection
- Enterprise Internet Reputation Management
- Intellectual Property Rights and Royalties Management Software
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.