Platform as a service forms a core service category in cloud architecture. With the software industry megavendors entering the PaaS market, the hype (and confusion) concerning its architecture, functional content, merits, prospects and value continues to intensify.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Context Brokers
- SDA for Application Services
- Cloud Integrated Infrastructure Services (CIIS)
- Cloud MDM Hub Services
- Cloud Event Processing Services
- Multipurpose PaaS
- Cloud IMDG Services
- High-Productivity CEAP
- Container Frameworks
- Cloud Citizen Integrator Services
- Cloud Business Rule Services
- Platform as a Service in China
- At the Peak
- Business Analytics PaaS (baPaaS)
- Private PaaS
- Cloud API Management
- Cloud MOM Services
- Portal PaaS
- ADLM PaaS
- Cloud Mobile Back-End Services
- Enterprise Integration PaaS (iPaaS)
- PaaS Frameworks
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- MFT PaaS
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Application PaaS (aPaaS)
- Database Platform as a Service
- Data Warehouse Platform as a Service (dwPaaS)
- Climbing the Slope
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Shared OS Virtualization (Nonmainframe)
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.