Global-scale scandals around critical applications' breaches highlighted the need for effective detection and protection of exploitable application security vulnerabilities. Application security markets further evolve to secure Web, cloud and mobile applications.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Mobile Application Hardening
- Runtime Application Self-Protection
- At the Peak
- Protected Mobile Browsers
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Application Shielding
- Interactive Application Security Testing
- Privacy Management Tools
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Mobile Application Security Testing
- Security Intelligence
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Interoperable Storage Encryption
- SOA Testing
- Identity Analytics and Intelligence
- Application Security Professional Services
- Software Composition Analysis
- Climbing the Slope
- Context-Aware Security
- Application-to-Application Password Management Tools
- Database Audit and Protection
- Application Security as a Service
- Application Control
- Static Application Security Testing
- Application Obfuscation
- Fraud Detection
- Static Data Masking
- Web Application Firewalls
- Entering the Plateau
- Mobile Data Protection
- Web Services Security Gateways
- Dynamic Application Security Testing
- Web Access Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.