IT leaders supporting marketing resource management need to be aware that marketing planning and financial management is likely to be the second or third phase of an MRM initiative. Work with marketing to prioritize the 12 marketing planning and financial management capabilities that support MRM.
- Start With a Global Marketing Calendar as a Standard Requirement
- Use Objective Setting and Alignment as Key Planning Features
- View Budgeting and Cost Tracking With Alerts and Notifications as Core Financial Management Features
- Use RFQ Functionality to Predetermine Costs
- Provide a Multidimensional Analysis of Costs
- Provide Cost Analyses and Overviews to Marketing Leaders via Dashboards
- Consider Marketing Development Fund Management for Particular Industries
- Develop an Integrated Planning and Financial Management Solution That's Global
- Consider Advanced Capabilities to Support Agile Marketing Planning
- Look for Agency Management as a Next-Generation Capability
- Integrate With Finance Applications
- Integrate With Procurement Applications
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.