This HC will help CSP CIOs assess technologies that enable them to manage costs and raise revenue by modernizing back offices, improving customer relations, innovating business models and offering digital services.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Open-Source Telecom Operations Management Systems
- OSS/BSS Customer Experience Management
- Telecom Operations Management Systems (TOMS) as a Service
- API Marketplaces
- Multivector MDM Solutions
- At the Peak
- SDN Applications
- Subscription Billing
- Web Real-Time Communications
- CSB Integrated Billing
- Open APIs in CSPs' Infrastructure
- Enterprise Integration PaaS (iPaaS)
- Hybrid Mobile Development
- CSP Network Intelligence
- Cloud Service Brokerage
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Integrated Product and Service Catalog Management
- Enterprise Mobile App Stores
- Network Function Virtualization
- Integrated Network and Enterprise Resource Management
- Integrated Policy and Charging Control Solutions
- Software-Defined Networks
- Supplier and Partner Relationship Management
- Frameworx — an Evolution of NGOSS
- Master Data Management
- Telecom Analytics
- Cellular to Wi-Fi Authentication
- NFC Payment
- Next-Generation Service Delivery Platforms
- Mobile Subscriber Data Management
- Service-Oriented Architecture in OSS/BSS and SDP
- Direct CSP Billing
- Media Discovery and Recommendation Engines
- Mobile Money
- Mobile Web Apps
- Climbing the Slope
- Real-Time Customer Offer Engines for CSPs
- Mobile Advertising
- IP Service Assurance
- Native Mobile Development
- Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment for CSPs
- Entering the Plateau
- Convergent Charging
- Mobile DPI
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.