Despite being supported by a diverse range of technologies, sustainable business practices are struggling to gain wider adoption. Much of the hype has gone out of sustainability as the harsh realities of tackling materials issues — and the need to create real business value from every initiative — test technologies and organizations alike.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- Off the Hype Cycle
- What's New on the Hype Cycle?
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Creating Shared Value
- Hydrogen Economy
- Agile Workplace Solutions
- At the Peak
- Smart City Framework
- Sustainability Consulting Services
- Consumer Energy Storage
- Home Energy Management/Consumer Energy Management
- Sustainable Sourcing and Procurement
- Building-Integrated PV Solar
- Car-Sharing Services
- Smart Appliances
- Sustainable Performance Management
- Water Management
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Facilities Energy Management
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration
- Emissions Position Management
- Integrated and Open Building Automation and Control Systems
- Sustainable Design PLM
- Sustainable Production
- Green Data Center
- Ecolabeling, Footprinting and Sustainability Certification
- Carbon Credits
- CSR Reporting
- Fuel Cells
- Climbing the Slope
- Electronic Paper
- Industrial Energy Management
- Environmental Monitoring and Control
- Entering the Plateau
- Energy Management Systems
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.