Intelligence awareness and adaptive security architectures are emerging as important competitive features in the network firewall market. Product managers and marketing professionals must exploit these capabilities in their firewall solutions to compete effectively.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Network firewalls that incorporate information and threat sharing between adjacent security controls will be preferred by network security buyers
- Buyers from Type A organizations are shifting their attention to third-party intelligence providers to increase advanced-threat detection and improve context during security event analysis
- Network Firewall Inspection Is Optimal for Intelligence and IOC Extraction Activities
- The Death of Signatures Is More Hype Than Reality
- Increased threat intelligence creates additional threat detections for security operations staff to both investigate and mitigate
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.