The demands of digital business will forever change the composition of an organization's application portfolio. Application rationalization, APIs, bimodal IT and changing consumers, both human and electronic, will significantly drive the application portfolio of the future.
- Recognize That Applications for Digital Business Will Follow Different Rules
- Rationalize Your Application Portfolio and Gradually Give Up Developing, Buying and Maintaining Applications
- Application Rationalization: The Beginning of Digital Business
- APIs: The Core of Digital Business Applications
- Become Bimodal When Creating Digital Business Applications
- Be an Advisor and an Enabler, Not an Owner
- Consider That Application (and Especially API) Users Might Not Be Human
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.