End-user computing is going through deep transformations. As new work styles and tools and higher levels of mobility are adopted, there are areas of significant new cost as well as opportunities for savings for IT leaders.
- Adjust Your PC Procurement Strategies to Reflect Current Market Conditions and Hardware Reliability Improvements, and to Reduce TCO
- Use Gartner's TCO Framework to Determine What Is the Relative Cost of Owning Different Device Types; Examine Cost-Saving Opportunities Achievable by Managing Endpoints in Different Ways or by Moving to Alternative Architectures
- Assess Your Organization's Dependency on Windows and Office, and the Cost and Complexity of Migrating to or Embracing Alternatives
- Set Realistic Expectations, as Less Than 50% of BYOD Programs Actually Achieve Cost Savings
- Ensure Stakeholders Responsible for Procuring and Supporting Mobile Devices and Applications Are Familiar With a Wide Range of Cost-Saving Options
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.