Marketers are shifting priorities and budgets to digital marketing activities that support digital commerce. Gartner's survey reveals what activities they're focusing on and where you can prioritize to impact your digital commerce results.
- Finding No. 1: 66% of marketing-led teams are now responsible for setting the marketing technology strategy to support digital commerce
- Finding No. 2: Traditional and digital promotions make up 34% of marketing spending on digital commerce
- Finding No. 3: 26% of companies measure the success of marketing's efforts in digital commerce in terms of revenue
- Finding No. 4: Marketers spend 21% of their budget to support digital commerce, but there is no one-size-fits-all marketing solution
- Definitions Used in Survey
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.