In 2015, IT organizations will reach an inflection point, at which business velocity outpaces IT's ability to meet its demands. With the help of a bimodal IT strategy, new architectures such as software-defined data center will transform infrastructure planning and deployment for increased agility.
Introduction and Industry Overview
- Data Center Modernization and Consolidation Trends
- Server Hardware Market and Technology Trends
- Server Hardware Planning Considerations
- Server Virtualization Market and Technology Trends
- Server Virtualization Planning Considerations
- Storage Market and Technology Trends
- Storage Planning Considerations
- Network Market and Technology Trends
- Network Planning Considerations
Integrated System Trends
- Integrated System Market and Technology Trends
- Integrated System Planning Considerations
Software-Defined Data Center and Hyperconverged Integrated System Trends
- Software-Defined Data Center and HCIS Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Data Center and HCIS Planning Considerations
- Software-Defined Storage Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Storage Planning Considerations
- Software-Defined Network Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Network Planning Considerations
- Software-Defined Compute Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Compute Planning Considerations
- Software-Defined Security Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Security Planning Considerations
- Software-Defined Facilities Market and Technology Trends
- Software-Defined Facilities Planning Considerations
IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery Trends
- IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market and Technology Trends
- IT Services Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning Considerations
- Desktop Transformation Market and Technology Trends
- Desktop Transformation Planning Considerations
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.