3D printer unit shipments will grow at a CAGR of 106.6% through 2018. Corresponding annual average spending will grow at 87.7% for the same period. Sales will exceed $13.4 billion in 2018 as consumers and organizations rapidly adopt 3D printers for home and business use.
- 3D Printer Market Size and Growth Rate
- 3D Printer End-User Spending
- 3D Printer Average Selling Prices
- 3D Printer Shipments by Price Band
- 3D Printer Market Growth by Region
- Supply Drivers
- Finished-Piece Quality
- Technology and Material Advances
- Competitive Environment
- Features and Functions
- Production Capacity and Production Speed
- Material Range
- Funding and Government Initiatives
- Evolving Business Models
- Intellectual Property
- Demand Drivers
- Use Cases
- Disposable Income/Affordability
- Attractiveness and Relevance
- Consumer Preferences and Customization
- Consumer Demand
- Enterprise Demand
- Macro Drivers
- Vertical Industry
- Market Definition
- Market Segments
- Market Sizing
- Market Forecast
- Market Model
- Forecast Components
- Influencing Factors
- Funding/Government Initiatives > R&D > Technology and Material Advances > Features and Functions
- Features and Functions > Attractiveness and Relevance > Use Cases > Enterprise Demand
- Regulation > Vertical Industry > Enterprise Demand
- Legal > Intellectual Property
- Geographic Coverage
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.