Industry practice leads can continue to align with mainstream banking and securities strategies for modest and predictable returns, or choose to differentiate more visibly, invest in value innovation, and use robust marketing strategies to drive growth.
- Competitive Situation and Trends
- The Banking and Securities Industry's Recent Financial Success Masks Long-Term Issues in Growing Revenue and Return on Equity
- Entrenched Providers Compete Fiercely, but Remain Vulnerable to Technology-Based Substitutes
- Providers Are Lacking in Differentiation, Value Innovations and Sophisticated Marketing
- Market Players
- The Future of Competition
- Opportunity Is Open for Value Innovation, but Watch Out for Substitutes
- Sophistication in Marketing Strategy Will Be Rewarded
- Scale and Price Are Needed to Win Business in New Areas, but You Need Innovation and Flexibility as Well to Overthrow Incumbents
- Pricing Declines or Attrition Will Occur in Consulting Services on Any Downturn as Lack of Differentiation and Low Switching Costs Keep Providers Vulnerable
- Competitive Profiles
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Tata Consultancy Services
- References and Methodology
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.