This research contains high-level IT Service Desk cost efficiency and support staff productivity ratios. Information provided was collected throughout 2014 from a global audience. Key cost and support distributions as well as metrics based on total handled contact volume are also included.
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Infrastructure Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- IT Service Desk Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTE
- IT Service Desk Analysis Data Demographics
- IT Service Desk Cost as a Percent of Total IT Cost
- Annual IT Service Desk Cost per Agent Handled Contact
- Annual Agent Handled Contacts per End-User
- IT Service Desk Cost Distribution
- IT Service Desk FTEs as a Percent of Total IT FTEs
- Salaries and Benefits Cost per IT Service Desk FTE
- IT Service Desk FTE Distribution: Insourced Versus Contractor
- Annual Contacts Handled per IT Service Desk FTE
- First Contact Resolution Rate
- Abandonment Rate
- Speed to Answer
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.