IT Key Metrics Data 2015: Key Outsourcing Measures: Outsourcing Profiles: Overview
Published: 15 December 2014
This research contains an overview of Information Technology (IT) outsourcing metrics. The focus of the research is both on IT spending and staffing as well as qualitative analyses around management of the sourcing process. Information provided was collected throughout 2014 from a global audience.
Table Of Contents
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Outsourcing Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Information Technology Outsourcing Analysis Framework
- IT Outsourcing Analysis Demographics
- IT Outsource Spending as a Percent of Total IT Spending
- Maturity of Approach to IT Outsourcing
- Most Advanced Outsourcing Arrangement in Place
- Length of Contract by Service
- Percent of Services Outsourced by Function
- Satisfaction with Outsourced Services by Function
- Percentage of Total Applications Planned Spending Directed to Offshore or Nearshore Resources
- IT Outsourcing Dollars Managed per FTE
- Use of Service-Level Agreements to Manage Vendor Performance
- Use of Penalties/Rewards to Manage Vendor Performance
- Use of Benchmarking Clauses to Manage Vendor Performance
- Satisfaction with Benchmarking Clauses to Manage Vendor Performance
- Applications Hourly Contractor Rates
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.