This research contains high-level Unix server cost efficiency and support staff productivity ratios. Information provided was collected throughout 2014 from a global audience. Key cost and support distributions as well as metrics based on OS Instance environment scale are also included.
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Infrastructure Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Unix Server Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTEs
- Unix Server Analysis Data Demographics
- Unix Server Analysis Data Distribution by Environment Scale
- Unix OS Instances per Server
- Unix Server Cost as a Percent of Total IT Cost
- Annual Unix Cost per OS Instance
- Unix Server Cost Distribution
- Unix Server FTEs as a Percent of Total IT FTEs
- Salaries and Benefits Cost per Unix FTE
- Unix Server Support Distribution: Insourced Versus Contractor
- Unix OS Instances per FTE
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.