Oracle Sales Cloud has taken a step forward in overcoming its stability and reliability issues; however, it still needs to improve its brand, as well as its go-to-market strategy. IT leaders supporting sales with Siebel or Oracle CRM On Demand should consider Oracle Sales Cloud's pricing incentives.
Impacts and Recommendations
- The Oracle Sales Cloud Simplified User Interface will enable IT leaders supporting sales to improve adoption due to usability; however, the smartphone app needs work
- Upgrades from Release 7 to Release 8 have improved significantly, allowing IT leaders supporting sales to reduce upgrade costs and stability and reliability concerns
- OBIEE-based embedded analytics enable IT leaders supporting sales to provide insight to sales operations managers and salespeople for forecasting and territory and opportunity planning
- Oracle Sales Cloud's Release 9 vertical strategy is promising, but IT leaders supporting sales need proof on the depth and capability of the offering
- A broad CRM footprint enables IT leaders to leverage Oracle across multiple CRM functions, but integration needs to be improved
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.