The Data Center Conference 2014 highlighted increasing enterprise focus on solutions that provide agility, flexibility, simplicity, performance and capex/opex savings — owing to advances in server, storage, networking and software — providing challenges to growth for many legacy vendors.
- Event Details
- Implications for Investors
- Implications for Investors: IT Hardware
- Implications for Investors: Communications
- Keynote Sessions/Interviews
- Gartner Keynote: Nonstop IT — Delivering the Integrated Data Center — Dave Cappuccio, John Morency
- Keynote Guest Interview: Lessons Learned From Infrastructure at Scale — Jason Taylor, Vice President, Infrastructure, Facebook
- Key Session Messages and Event Observations
- Top 10 Emerging Trends That Will Impact Your Data Center Operation — David Cappuccio
- The Five-Year Storage Scenario — Alan Dayley and Arun Chandrasekaran
- End-User Computing Scenario: How to Keep Your Users Productive Through 2018 — Chris Silva, Kevin Knox
- The Economics of Software-Defined Storage — Roger Cox
- Server Scenario: Evolution of Server Technologies, Provider and Best Practices — Carl Claunch
- Software-Defined Anything (SDx) Scenario — Beyond Virtualization — Phil Dawson
- The Enterprise Networking Scenario: How SDN Changes Everything — Joe Skorupa, Andrew Lerner
- Securing the Virtualized Data Center — Neil MacDonald
- To the Point: Three Questions to Ask Before Deploying an SDN Overlay — Joe Skorupa
- Getting Beyond the Hype of SDN: Why, When and How to Get Started — Andrew Lerner, Ronni Colville
- Vendor Session — Dell: Accelerating Open Networking Momentum
- Attendee Sentiment
- List of Sponsors
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.