Roundup of Utility Research, 2014: Setting the Stage for Industry Transformation to Digital Business
Published: 06 February 2015
In 2014, utility CIOs faced the challenge of managing run-the-business production systems while preparing for an industry transformation fueled by smart grid and the rise of digital business. The published utility research indexed in this document covers these competing objectives.
Table Of Contents
- Smart Grid
- "Smart Grid Key Initiative Overview"
- "Business Moment: Home Energy Management and Electric Vehicles Rescue the Power Grid"
- "Hype Cycle for Smart Grid Technologies, 2014"
- "Magic Quadrant for Meter Data Management Products"
- Consumer-Focused Business Systems
- "It's Time for Utility CIOs to Create a Strategic Portfolio of Technologies for Digital Customer Engagement"
- "Utility Retail Domain Strategic Technology Map"
- "Magic Quadrant for Utilities Customer Information Systems"
- "Use Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment to Strengthen Utility Customer Relationships"
- "Tap Into Smart Homes to Deliver Value-Added Energy Services"
- "Energy and Utilities Context: 'The Four Attributes of Customer Engagement'"
- "Google Enters Connected-Home Market With Nest Acquisition"
- Operational Technology
- "Utility CIOs Must Get Ready for the Digital Grid"
- "Historian Software Essential to Energy Industry's Digital Transformation"
- "Magic Quadrant for Advanced Distribution Management Systems"
- "Advanced Imagery Offers Utility CIOs New Benefits"
- "Magic Quadrant for Utilities Geographic Information Systems"
- "Hype Cycle for Utility Industry Operational Technologies, 2014"
- Asset-Intensive Business Systems
- "Magic Quadrant for Energy and Utilities Enterprise Asset Management Software"
- "Best Practices for Optimizing MRO Inventory at Utilities"
- "Market Guide for Mobile Workforce Management Systems for Utilities"
- Commodity-Focused Business Systems
- "Market Guide for Demand Response Management Systems"
- "Hype Cycle for Emerging Energy Technologies, 2014"
- "Market Trends: Can IoT and Smart Water Management Technologies Solve the Emerging Water Crisis?"
- All Utilities
- "Top 10 Technology Trends Impacting the Utility Industry in 2014"
- "Top 10 Business Trends Impacting the Utility Industry in 2014"
- "Hype Cycle for Utility Industry IT and Business Processes, 2014"
- "Utility Predicts 2015: Utility Transformation to Digital Business Gets Underway"
- "Cool Vendors in Energy and Utilities, 2014"
- "IT Key Metrics Data 2015: Key Industry Measures: Utilities Analysis: Current Year"
- "IT Key Metrics Data 2015: Key Industry Measures: Utilities Analysis: Multiyear"
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.