The switch from "digital machinism" to "digital humanism" is the first true tectonic shift of the digital age. To survive, CIOs will need to lead their IT organizations to a vastly different culture than they have today.
- What Is Different About Digital Humanism and What Will Need to Change in IT?
- Our Culture of Automation Will Be Replaced With One of Augmentation
- The Way We Learn and Articulate Value in Our Culture Will Change
- The Pace of Change Is Accelerating, and the Humans Doing It Are Different
- Traditional Approaches to Change Forget About the Humans
- Assess Your Current Level of Digital Humanism
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.