The rapid transition to mobile devices by customers is disrupting IT planning for customer service projects. Voice biometrics, analytics and content discovery tools are on the rise. This Hype Cycle is designed to help IT leaders assess the maturity — and risks — of those technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Information Valuation and Infonomics
- Voice-Driven Customer Service Apps
- Customer Engagement Hub
- Augmented Reality for Customer Support
- Collaborative Customer Interfaces
- Customer Journey Analytics
- Social Co-Browsing
- Video Chat for Customer Service
- At the Peak
- Emotion Detection/Recognition
- MDM and Social Data
- Mobile Customer Service Applications
- Big Data Analytics for Customer Intelligence
- Expertise Location and Management
- Intent-Driven Customer Systems
- Voice of the Customer
- Customer-Centric Web and Mobile Technologies
- BPM for Customer Service and Support
- Customer Engagement Center Interaction Analytics
- Customer Management BPaaS
- Recorded Video Customer Service
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Mobile Field Service Management
- Virtual Customer Assistants
- Social for CRM: Social Feedback Management
- Knowledge Management for Customer Service
- Speech Analytics
- Cloud-Based CEC
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Augmented Reality
- Customer Engagement Center Workforce Optimization
- Customer Engagement Center Performance Management
- IoT Intelligent Monitoring and Management
- Climbing the Slope
- On-Premises CEC
- Customer-Best-Next Action
- External Peer-to-Peer Communities
- Field Service Workforce Optimization
- MDM of Customer Data
- Work at Home — CM BPO
- Comprehensive CM BPO
- Social Media Engagement Applications
- Customer Engagement Center Quality Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Customer Engagement Center Workforce Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.