The convergence and integration of operational technologies with IT is making significant impact on equipment-dependent organizations, and giving opportunities for them to become an integrated digital business.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Intelligent-Process Autonomic Services (Smart-Machine-Enabled Services)
- Intelligent 3D Models
- Smart Robots
- IoT Platform
- Commercial UAVs (Drones)
- IT/OT Skilled Workforce
- At the Peak
- Digital Business
- Digital Business Consulting Services
- Embedded Software and Systems Security
- Event Stream Processing
- IT/OT Integration
- OT Architecture
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- IT/OT Alignment
- IT/OT Communications
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Operational Technology Platform Convergence
- Industrial Operational Intelligence
- Operational Technology Security
- Intelligent Lighting
- Asset Performance Management
- Big Data
- High-Performance Message Infrastructure
- Managed Machine-to-Machine Communication Services
- Hardware-Reconfigurable Devices
- System Engineering Software
- Climbing the Slope
- Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence
- Intelligent Electronic Devices
- Public Telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Advanced Process Control
- Remote Diagnostics
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.