Digital business requires that workforce planning be done within a business context rather than a technology context. The IT service portfolio provides the business outcomes and value statements that CIOs need for ensuring that workforce planning is business-focused, not technology-centric.
- Use the Service Portfolio to Establish a Business-Centric Definition of Service Value
- Incorporate Service Definition and Service Value Into the Workforce Planning Process
- Establish a Digital Business Context for IT Workforce Planning
- Partner With HR to Build an Understanding of Workforce Planning Best Practices Within the IT Leadership Team
- IT Service Management Unified Framework
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.