Poor adoption and sustained use of PPM tools remain key challenges for many organizations. PMO leaders and others implementing the tools must identify and continuously address key adoption inhibitors in a timely and effective manner to derive optimal value from the tool investment.
- Institute Organizational Change Efforts Focused on Engaging End Users Before, During and After Implementation to Ensure Sustained Adoption
- Perform a Stakeholder Analysis to Clearly Identify the User Groups, Tailor Communications That Are Personal and Address the "What's in It for Me" of Each User Group
- Offer a Variety of Training Options to Accommodate Different Learning Styles
- Ensure That Senior Management Buy-In for the PPM Tool Is Visible Throughout the Organization
- Select a PPM Tool That Fits Your Organization's Strategic, Governance and PPM Maturity, and That Addresses Your Immediate Needs, to Ensure Adoption
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.