Advanced packaging proliferation and complexity continue to drive semiconductor manufacturers to outsource more of their packaging requirements to both conserve capital and mitigate risk.
- Companion Documents
- Outsourcing Growth of Packaging and Test
- Proliferation of Companies and Stratification of the SATS Marketplace
- Broad-Based, Leading-Edge Packaging and Test Service Providers
- Specialty/Niche Service Providers
- Mature/Value Service Providers
- Competition at Leading Edge
- Industry Consolidation
- Increased Outsourcing From IDMs
- Capital Spending Increases
- SATS Pricing
- Manufacturing Convergence and Integration
- Technology Roadmap
Market Model or Methodology
- Forecast Components
- Semiconductor Assembly and Test Services Revenue Forecast
- Package Unit Demand
- Package ASP
- Influencing Factors
- Electronic Equipment Production Forecast
- Silicon Wafer Demand
- Chip Unit Demand
- SATS Capacity Utilization
- SATS Capital Spending
- Number of SATS Facilities
- Technology Roadmap
- Type of Device
- Package Type
- Package Unit Demand > Package ASP > SATS Revenue Forecast
- Technology Roadmap > Type of Device > Package Type > Package ASP
- Silicon Wafer Demand > Chip Unit Demand > Package Unit Demand
- SATS Capacity Utilization > SATS Capital Spending > Number of SATS Facilities
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.