The ECB storage system market forecast has been lowered to reflect near-term, as well as long-term, disruptive forces associated with global economic volatility, currency exchange rates and more cost-effective solutions, resulting in a reduction of the five-year CAGR from 1.4%, to negative 1.1%.
- Companion Documents
- Market Segment Highlights
- ECB Block-Access Storage: Negatively Impacted by Lower-Cost Alternatives
- ECB NAS: Alternative Solutions to Cannibalize NAS Spending
- ECB SPDASS: A Fragmented Market With Upside Potential
- Changing Landscape of the ECB Storage System Market
- Regional Highlights
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific, Excluding Japan
- GDP Forecast
- Average Terabytes per Unit
- Dollars per Terabyte
- Strong U.S. Dollar Suppresses ECB Storage System Revenue Through 2017
- Geopolitical Unrest Contributes to Lower ECB Storage System Investments in the Forecast Period From 2015 through 2019
- Public Cloud Offerings Steadily Become an Attractive Alternative to On-Premises ECB Storage
- New On-Premises Storage Solutions Take a Bite Out of the ECB Storage Market
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.